We have partnered with TG Innerselves to provide trans educational resources.
The Education Program offers training, workshops, and presentations on a variety of subjects pertaining to the transgender community.
Our workshop topics include but are not limited to:
- inclusive policies and practices
- providing mental health support
- training for medical practitioners working with transgender patients
- gender identity, gender expression, and trans 101
- how to support trans youth in care and in the youth justice system
- transgender people and sexuality
- violence, harassment, and transphobia
- creating safer schools for transgender students
TG Innerselves caters the format of the presentation and the topics to the audience or workplace where they are providing the training. They offer training to small groups that are mostly interactive learning activities, or lecture style presentations to large groups. TG Innerselves also presents to over 1,000 elementary and high school students per year, and share their stories about coming out and overcoming the challenges that occurred as a result. Their message is one of hope, optimism, and resilience. The agencies they have trained include shelters, schools, physicians and medical students, police officers, and social workers.
TG Innerselves have presented at numerous conferences including the Guelph Sexuality Conference, Moving Trans History Forward in Victoria BC, and the World Professional Association for Trans Health Conference in Amsterdam to name just a few.