- Welcome Friend
- Rainbow Camp
- What's New
About Rainbow Camp
A Camp for LGBTQ & Allied Youth ages 13-17 July 14th - 19th, 2013
Rainbow Camp is a one-week camp for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer questioning, and allied (LGBTQA) youth, their siblings and children in Queer families. Rainbow Camp is committed to developing a camp community which honours creativity, individual choice, and social justice while having fun!!!
Rainbow Camp provides opportunities for campers to make new friends and develop skills through traditional camp programming and innovative curriculum. More than anything, Rainbow Camp is a fun place to come OUT and be yourself!
Our Camp Program includes activities in the following areas:
- Films about Queer issues
- Arts and Crafts
- Nature and the Environment
- Camp games like Capture the Flag
- Personal Storytelling through Multi-Media
- Singing around the camp....and much more
Through the combination of traditional camp programming and curriculum built around issues like gender, sexuality, sexual health and creating safe spaces, Rainbow Camp equips campers to return to their home communities/activities confident, energized, better able (than before) to live authentically.
- We have many campers who wish to return in 2013.
- Campers have stayed connected & formed an on-line community.
- Plus some personal visits.
- Campers are actively supporting a camper who is now transitioning.
Would you like to sponsor a youth to camp? Click on donate tab above under Rainbow Camp.